- Mon 6 Jul 20 - Deadline for shipping
- All subs need to be in Gosport by this date, so that they are ready for dry inspections on the Wednesday. Overseas teams will need to make air freight arrangements so that their subs arrive in the UK before this date. The boats will need to clear UK Customs, and be shipped from the airport to Gosport. This all takes time, and any delays may mean you don't get to race, so don't miss this deadline!
European teams bringing their boats into the UK by ferry or Eurotunnel should also plan to arrive on a week day, as service at HM Customs on a weekend can be limited, and if problems arise with the paperwork, you won't be able to move until Monday. By the time the event takes place, the Brexit-induced changes to procedures and paperwork will have been well established. Still, don't mess around with the deadline. You don't want to miss out on racing.
- Tue 7 Jul 20 - Registration
- Registration will be open at the Kingfisher Caravan Park.
- Wed 8 Jul 20 - Dry inspections
- Teams can go meet their submarines, unpack and set up their workstations at QinetiQ’s Ocean Basin facility. Judges will conduct the dry inspections as soon as each submarine is ready.
- Thu-Fri 9-10 Jul 20 - Diver check-outs, ballasting and wet-inspections
- In-water operations begin Thursday and continue into Friday. Divers will have to attend an interview (team by team) with the Dive Safety Team, and those with completed paperwork will be allowed into the basin for a familiarisation dive. Once this dive is complete, teams and their dry-checked subs will be allowed into the basin to complete ballasting and pass their wet inspections.
- Mon 13 Jul 20 - Racing begins
- As only six submarines will be allowed in the water at any given time, teams will be assigned to either morning or afternoon racing time slots. The initial schedule will be adjusted over the course of the day as teams need flexibility to make repairs and/or adjustments.
- Wed 15 Jul 20 - Sponsors and Press Day
- Official visitors and the press are invited to see the racing for themselves. Teams wishing to invite their sponsors to attend the races are encouraged to schedule such visits for today.
- Fri 17 Jul 20 - VIP Day, Agility Competition, Wrap-Up and Awards
Invited guests from military and civilian organisations will be present throughout the day to see for themselves what students are capable of.
The final day of racing will be devoted to the Agility Competition. Teams will have to qualify over the course of the week to compete in this separate competition.
Racing will be done by 2pm. The rest of the afternoon will be devoted to clearing out of the Ocean Basin and off the QinetiQ site by 5pm. All teams will be expected to clear up their own subs and equipment and make their own return shipping arrangements.
The formal (black tie) awards ceremony and dinner will be held at a venue to be announced.
- Sat 18 Jul 20 - Check out & departure
- Teams will need to check out of the accommodation by 10 AM on the Saturday.